Friday, June 3, 2011

Our Visit to ENFM 6/1/11

Atticus and I had another great day at ENFM!

When we arrived I realized he'd spilled all of his water out of his sippy cup (ooops!) so we went in search of something to drink.  Cumberland Valley Kombucha totally hooked us up!  If you've never had kombucha, I highly suggest trying some.  It's a fermented tea and has tons of great probiotics.  I used to make my own but stopped because we always had more than we could drink.  It's great to know that I can now buy it from a local company!

After our brief beverage break, we made our way around the circle of tents.  I always find it hard to find a starting place so after tying Atticus to my back I just walked a straight line from the direction I was facing.  We ended up at the Fly S Farms tent.  They had sugar snap peas which are a big favorite at our house so we bought a pound.  I'm sad that their season is almost up because Atticus and I love snacking on them through out the day.

Next up was freshly baked bread and a bunch of asparagus from Jones Mill Farm.  The bread was still warm, that's how fresh it was!  I highly suggest trying the Pain Polka bread.  We've already eaten the whole loaf!  It was so hard choosing which variety to try so we'll have to try a different kind next week.

Atticus and I then cut across the lawn to see what was one the other side.  We bought some lentil sprouts from Green Market Farm, another favorite snack at our house!  Bean sprouts are great on salads, sandwiches, omelets, or just plain by themselves.

I'd planned for strawberry shortcakes after dinner so we stopped by Dozen for some brown sugar shortcakes.  We also sampled a cookie.  I think it was gingerbread and  I loved it and I'm fairly sure Atticus enjoyed it too.  He was riding on my back, remember.

We were both getting hot so we made a few more quick stops before calling it a day.   We bought some cherry tomatoes from Delvin Farms, coffee from Roast, Inc.  and 2 mini chess pies from Geraldine's Greatest Chess Pies.  You MUST try Geraldine's pies.  They are super yummy!

I wished we'd been able to stay longer because I heard there would be a yoga class held.  While I don't think Atticus would be up for taking yoga, it would have been fun to see other people enjoying the class.  Maybe next summer he'll be old enough.

Next week will come armed with our water bottles and a blanket and will have snack and dinner!  I saw lots of yummy treats and eats.  We are still working on our goal of visiting and making at least one purchase from every vendor!  So vendors, if we haven't visited you yet, we will soon!

Until next week... Peace, Love, and Good Eats!

Sarah
LBGsmama@gmail.com
http://thelittleboygreen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment