Sunday, June 17, 2012

What To Do with Your Market Goodies


From Guest blogger Megan Wicks:

The East Nashville Farmer's Market has been up and running for a little over a month this summer, and it's absolutely beautiful! From the gorgeous cheeses at Kenny's Cheese and Noble Springs Dairy and the other lovely dairy products provided by Hatcher's Family Dairy to the beautiful berries and tomatoes gracing the tables at Delvin Farms and today, the market is bursting with delicious, wholesome delights.

Happy children enjoyed Izzy's Ice (http://www.facebook.com/izziesice) and other lovely treats while shopping with their families for food for the week. Our little guy dug into the lemon, while the hubs and I split a mango/watermelon combo. It was delicious!

New thing I learned this week:
You can use your debit card at the market info booth in exchange for tokens to spend at themarket! Just in case your favorite farmer isn't able to accept credit cards, you have an option! EBT/foodstamps are also accepted.

How I'm using my Farmer's Market finds (so far) this week:
Tonight we made tacos, and I dressed them up with a chiffonade of spinach and quartered cherry tomatoes of red and gold (both from Delvin Farms). It's a tasty and easy way to slip veggies into a simple meal. Tomorrow morning, I plan to make a smoothie with more of the spinach, some greek yogurt, and blueberries from another farm stand (I'll remember to write down the farmer next week). I know the smoothie recipe sounds a bit strange, but I promise it's delicious and you really don't taste the spinach over the berries!
IMAG0073.jpgIMAG0073.jpg
1620K   View   Download  

No comments:

Post a Comment